Stat Attack: Hungary (post-race)
Michele Merlino investigates the records and compiles the stats following the Hungarian Grand Prix
• With a car weighing only 637.5 kilos, Fernando Alonso set the 'lightest' pole position of the season. The previous one was recorded in China, when Sebastian Vettel's Red Bull weighed 644.0 kilograms. Vettel also holds the record for the 'heaviest' pole: 666.5 kilos at the British Grand Prix.
• Alonso's car was the third lightest car to take the start in the ten races held so far this season. The lightest of all was used by Vettel, which started from fourth in Monaco and weighed only 631.5 kilos. Next was Alonso's Renault, which weighed 637.0 kilos in China (second).
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just