Stat attack: Brazil (post-race)
Michele Merlino investigates the records and compiles the stats following the Brazilian Grand Prix
World championship facts and figures
• Jenson Button became the 31st Formula 1 world champion in the Brazilian Grand Prix and also helped his Brawn GP team to the constructors' crown. Here are some facts about their triumphs:
• Button won the title in his 10th full season, only one driver in the past needed more seasons to reach it: Nigel Mansell in 1992, in his 12th season. Mansell is also the driver who needed the highest number of race starts to achieve the crown: 176 compared to Button's 169.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just