Stat Attack: Australia (post-race)
Michele Merlino investigates the records and compiles the stats following the Australian Grand Prix
Front row sweep
• At its 90th race, Red Bull scored its best ever performance, locking out the front row for the first time. Up to Australia its best effort was China and Great Britain last year, where Sebastian Vettel was on pole with Mark Webber in third.
• However, the Red Bull drivers weren't able to turn this front row dominance into even one podium place. The last time a team wasn't able to capitalise on qualifying this advantage to that extent was at this very same track, back in 2003: poleman Michael Schumacher finished fourth and his Ferrari team-mate Rubens Barrichello spun off five laps into the race.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just