Stat Attack: Malaysia
Michele Merlino investigates the records and compiles the stats ahead of the Malaysian Grand Prix
Malaysia personal scoreboard
• Jenson Button has twice started on the front row in Malaysia (2006 and pole in '09). He scored his first F1 podium at Sepang in '03 claimed his first hat-trick of pole, win and fastest lap in '09. He has outqualified his team-mates 9-2 on this circuit, last losing out to one in 2001 (Giancarlo Fisichella)
• Lewis Hamilton qualified on pole and finished second in his first Malaysian Grand Prix in 2007, but has only started 12th and ninth and finished seventh and fifth since.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just