Stat Attack: Spain (post-race)
Michele Merlino investigates the records and compiles the stats following the Spanish Grand Prix
• Mark Webber scored his third career win and his first leading from start to finish. His winning margin at Barcelona was 24.065 seconds – the highest since the wet 2008 British GP, when Lewis Hamilton finished 1m08.577s ahead of Nick Heidfeld. The last bigger gap in a dry race was the 2005 Hungarian GP, when Kimi Raikkonen won, 35.581s ahead of Michael Schumacher.
• Michael Schumacher claimed his best result of the year so far in fourth, and for the first time finished ahead of team-mate Nico Rosberg, who failed to score points for the first time this year.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just