Stat Attack: Monaco
Michele Merlino investigates the records and compiles the stats ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix
Monaco personal scoreboard
• Jenson Button won last year from pole in Monaco and finished second behind Jarno Trulli in 2004. He has the chance to use his ability to conserve tyres: last year he was one of the last front-runners to stop and gained a decisive advantage over his rivals.
• Lewis Hamilton was second in his debut year, behind Fernando Alonso, then won in 2008 in spectacular fashion, overcoming contact with the barrier early in the race. Last year a mistake in qualifying sent him to the back of the field and he finished 12th. He also won here in F3 (two races in 2005) and in GP2 (in 2006).
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just