Stat Attack: Turkey
Michele Merlino investigates the records and compiles the stats ahead of the Turkish Grand Prix
Turkey personal scoreboard
• Jenson Button's victory in Turkey last year marked the end of a hot spell of six wins from seven races, which gave the Briton a cushion that allowed him to capitalize on that initial advantage and win the championship. Jenson had to wait until this year's Australian Grand Prix to climb on the top step of the podium again. In previous Turkish GP he was fifth and fourth in 2005 and 2006, while he finished outside the points in the two following years.
• Lewis Hamilton had tyre issues both in 2007 and 2008. He suffered a puncture in 2007 and the following year he had to choose an unusual three-stop strategy to ease the pressure on the tyres. He finished eventually second behind Massa, last year he was only thirteenth.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just