Stat Attack: Hungary
With the 25th Hungarian Grand Prix fast approaching, Michele Merlino uncovers a bundle of milestones through the grid as we present a treasure trove of statistics related to the Budapest event
Germany personal scoreboard
• Jenson Button took his maiden win in Hungary in 2006 after a wait of 116 races. No one else has won starting from as far back as 13th in Budapest. Since that win, Jenson has never been back on the podium in Hungary.
• Lewis Hamilton has won two of the last three Hungarian Grands Prix. He finished fifth in 2008 due to a puncture which deprived him of a certain hat-trick. He was on pole in 2007 thanks to a controversial penalty for McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso. And while he also started from pole in '08, last year he was able to win from fourth on the grid. Hamilton has never been beaten in qualifying by a team-mate at this track.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just