Top 10 Hungarian Grand Prix moments
Despite not being regarded as one of F1's most exciting tracks, the Hungaroring has seen more than its fair share of great passes, significant wins and controversy over the years
10. F1's first hybrid win (2009)
Amid the hoopla about McLaren going from backmarkers to winners in just half a season, it attracted little attention that Lewis Hamilton's winning machine was equipped with KERS. It was the first time that a car carrying hybrid technology had won a grand prix. While not a sensational moment in itself, it might just be a seminal one in F1's long-term quest for green credentials.
9. Massa's move on Hamilton (2008)
As the 2008 season went on, Felipe Massa won over an increasing number of doubters with his title-challenging performances. Those who questioned his overtaking ability were left in no doubt that he had the racing spirit after the 2008 race.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just