Stat Attack: Europe
Michele Merlino interrogates the record books and compiles the vital statistics ahead of the Canadian Grand Prix - the seventh round of the 2011 Formula 1 world championship
Europe personal scorecard
• Sebastian Vettel won last year's European Grand Prix in comfortable fashion from pole position, but in 2009 he was not so lucky. He was force to make an extra pitstop after the fuel flow problem at the first time of asking, the problem contributing to a later engine failure. He hit the headlines in 2008, however, when he took his Toro Rosso to a 1m37.842s lap in qualifying, which was to stand as the outright track record for two years. His 1m37.587s lap in qualifying last year beat it.
• Mark Webber has never scored a point at Valencia, and last year endured a hair-raising barrell-roll while attempting to correct that statistic against the back of Heikki Kovalainen's Lotus. He has previously been on the European Grand Prix podium, but that result - in 2007 - came at the Nurburgring.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just