Stat Attack: Britain
Michele Merlino interrogates the record books and compiles the vital statistics ahead of the British Grand Prix - the ninth round of the 2011 Formula 1 World Championship
Britain personal scorecard
• Sebastian Vettel scored a hat-trick of win, pole position and fastest lap at Silverstone in 2009, but last year his pole came to nothing when a first corner tangle with Lewis Hamilton punctured a tyre and left him to fight back to seventh. He has never been outqualified by his team-mate in Britain.
• Mark Webber triumphed for Red Bull last year as he led from start to finish, following up a second place in 2009. Prior to that he had scored just one point at Silverstone in 2004 for Jaguar, despite qualifying inside the top 10 a total of four times. His victory in 2010 made him the eighth different winner from the last eight British Grands Prix, joining Rubens Barrichello, Michael Schumacher, Juan Pablo Montoya, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen, Hamilton and Vettel. The last driver to win back-to-back British Grands Prix was David Coulthard in 1999 and 2000.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just