The 2012 AUTOSPORT Gamble
At the start of every season, the AUTOSPORT team picks their tips for the drivers' and constructors' championships. Each member predicts the top five drivers, ranking them from first to fifth, and likewise for the top five teams. The first receives five points, second four, and so on down to fifth. Collating the votes results in what AUTOSPORT predicts will be the standings at the end of the season. In eight months time we'll know whether we rule, or if we're just a bunch of fools...
Andrew van de Burgt, AUTOSPORT Editor-in-chief (AV)
1. Vettel; 2. Hamilton; 3. Button; 4. Webber; 5. Alonso
1. McLaren; 2. Red Bull; 3. Ferrari; 4. Mercedes; 5. Lotus
I think the McLaren drivers are going to put up a great fight, but Williams 1986-style they are going to take points off each other as Vettel comes through to bag a third straight title and a place among the all-time greats.
Ferrari are in trouble now, but will turn it around in time to leapfrog Mercedes. Hamilton and Button will end McLaren's long search for a constructors' title but at the expense of one of them claiming the drivers' crown.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just