Stat attack: Melbourne
Michele Merlino investigates the records and compiles the stats ahead of the 2013 Australian Grand Prix
• Sebastian Vettel secured pole position and victory in 2011 and was second last year in Melbourne – his only two podium finishes here. Previously he had retired three times on the trot. He started from pole in 2010 and '11 and has never missed a top-10 grid slot at Albert Park
• Mark Webber has never been on the podium in his home grand prix in 11 attempts. His best result, fourth, came last year. He hasn't shone in qualifying either, starting from the front row only once, in 2010 (second). His form has improved though: he has scored points in the past three races, while in the previous eight he scored only twice.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just