Stats: Alonso chases unique treble
Fernando Alonso is bidding to become the first driver to win the Monaco Grand Prix for three different teams. Michele Merlino reveals plenty of other statistical nuggets from F1's unique venue
• Sebastian Vettel has a strong finishing record on the streets of Monaco. He won the race in 2011, finished second in 2010, was fourth last year and took a remarkable fifth in the wet race of 2008 for Toro Rosso. The only time he hasn't posted a top-five finish was in 2009, when he crashed shortly after his first pitstop.
• Mark Webber has won twice in Monaco – last year and in 2010, when he led from start to finish. He also scored his maiden career podium finish here, in 2005. In the past five Monaco races he has always finished in the top five.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just