Stats: Nico emulates Keke
Lightning struck twice in Monaco for the Rosberg family, as Nico triumphed 30 years after father Keke won in the Principality. Michele Merlino digs up all the statistical milestones from the weekend
• Nico Rosberg's second Formula 1 race win came on the same track where his father won his second one, 30 years earlier. It was May 15, 1983 when Keke won for Williams ahead of Nelson Piquet and Alain Prost. Nico had been waiting for a podium finish since last year's Monaco race. His maiden win had come in China last year, again from pole and with his team-mate starting alongside him.
• A relief for Mercedes: a fourth straight pole and no win would have brought back memories of the 2002 Williams, with which Montoya nailed five poles from Monaco to France but never made it onto the top step of the podium.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just