Stats: Webber equals Patrese, Merc reprises 1955
Mark Webber drew level with Riccardo Patrese in the F1 podium stats at Silverstone, while Mercedes revived the spirit of its 1955 British GP achievements. Michele Merlino delves into the stats
• This was the third career win for Nico Rosberg, his first without starting from pole. It's also Mercedes' 12th win across the two incarnations of its works team, the first at Silverstone and the first in the British Grand Prix since 1955, when Stirling Moss, Juan Manuel Fangio and Karl Kling monopolised the Aintree podium, lapping the entire field.
• Mark Webber recorded his fifth straight podium at Silverstone. It's the 37th of his career, equal with Riccardo Patrese at 19th in the all-time list. Only one other driver has scored podiums at Silverstone in five consecutive years: Kimi Raikkonen, from 2003-07.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just