Stats: Hamilton emulates Fangio, Vettel nears Lauda
Lewis Hamilton drew level with Juan Manuel Fangio in the F1 pole position stats at the Nurburgring, while victor Sebastian Vettel moved to within two of Niki Lauda's podium count. Michele Merlino delves into the stats
• Sebastian Vettel took his 30th victory, ticking some more boxes in his collection. This was his first win in Germany and the first in the month of July. It was also his first win in a European race for nearly two years, his last coming at the 2011 Italian GP, in September. Among the races on this year's calendar he hasn't won at Austin or at the Hungaroring.
• Vettel matched Lewis Hamilton for podium finishes, with 52, to go joint-11th on the all-time place. Next target is Niki Lauda with 54.
To continue reading this feature...
from just $1.50 per week
- Get unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
- Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
- Explore every F1 stat in the world’s best motorsport database
Read this feature right now for just